Despite the colder climate and shorter days, keeping up training throughout the Winter can improve your health and give you the boost of energy you may need. But staying safe and being careful is a must for runners during the darker months! To help, we’ve put together a few tips for you:
- Make sure traffic can see you by wearing reflective gear
- Run in a safe, well-lit area with a wide path
- Plan your route and tell people where you are going and when you expect to be back
- Wear a head or chest torch just in case you need it
- Be aware that wearing headphones could make you unable to hear any approaching hazard so only use one or ditch them altogether
- Go with a running buddy when possible
- Let people know before you head out and how long you plan to run for
- Always take your phone with you and share your locations with your loved ones
We want to hear from you!!!
If you have any more tips you would like to share with us, please don’t hesitate to send them to us at email@example.com and we will share them too!